Propósito del cargo
The Conservation Specialist (CS) develops, manages and advances conservation programs, plans and methods for small to medium scale geographic areas.
The Conservation Specialist provides technical leadership and support to a business unit and plans and directs preserve management programs and stewardship. The CS addresses critical threats to natural systems and individual species, fosters cross-site learning among conservation community, and supplies conservation planning teams with site or landscape level information relevant to the planning process. The CL develops and implements conservation strategies and employs a full range of protection tools to acquire varying degrees of legal interest in land and implements a variety of strategies to secure public and private support for TNC conservation priorities. The CS coordinates community support, ensures the maintenance of preserve areas frequented by the visiting public and coordinates multiple projects, sets deadlines and manages completion.
This position is fixed term for 1 year.
· Bachelor’s degree, on Natural resources engineering, forestry engineering, veterinary or equivalent profession and at least 3 years’ experience in natural resource management or similar field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience managing staff or volunteers.
· Relationship building experience to work closely with a variety of partners, i.e., media, government officials, internal scientists.
· Experience completing tasks independently with respect to timeline(s).
· Experience with communication via written, spoken and graphical means in Spanish and English.
· Experience using common software applications such as Word, Excel, web browsers, etc.
· Experience using GIS software applications such as QGIS, google earth or ARCGIS and GPS device
· Experience in training.
· Must have valid driver's license.
· Must live on Santiago Chile
Características que suman puntos
· Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
· 3-5 years’ experience in natural resource management, similar field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability and willingness to apply science to decision-making and guide activities.
· Experience on project with ecological restoration, reforestation, mitigation and offset process.
· Knowledge of ecological land management principles.
· Knowledge of current trends and practices in conservation, land management and natural resource preservation.